Demands: Only for relaxed folks, who can live in the nature (huts and tents) with basic food and under harder weather conditions with many moskitos. The excursion arround the volcanoes are only with personal luggage, but still not easy walking (though no difficulties concerning technics). For the one who like to climbing Kliuchevskoi and Koryaksky to the summit, alpinism on ice and good physical conditions are required.
Important notes ahead of departure:
We have to give a deadline for conferming your participation about 4 month before travel departure. This is due to a safe planing and a chance for those, who are eventually on the waiting list.
On official meeting for our members of the expedition will be on April 7th. The place of this meeting will be given in time.
Necessary documents and vaccinations:
- A passport good for at least half a year before departure is required.
- A visa is needed.
- We recomment the following vaccinations: Hepatitis A (eventually B), Thyphus, Polio and Tetanus.
All film and foto aquipment has to be declared by entering and leaving the country.
General safety advise:
Check with your doctor if your phisical conditions are good for long hikes, basic food at some days, little comfort in the camp and sometimes low hygienic standards.
Please study carefully our list of basic travel equipment, which we will hand over to you at a later point.
Note: All participants of this expedition have their own responsibility due to danger of volcanic activity!
extra days: Flight from your home via Moskow towards Kamtchatka takes 2 nights with time zone change!
1. day: Arrival in Petropavlovsk (PP), transfer to the hotel in PP and meeting with our local partner, dinner at a restaurant
2. day: B. Shopping in PP, bus ride along the Kamtchatka river to the volcano Tolbachik, camp site with a cook for the group, D
3. day: B. Excursion to the new eruption site at Tolbachik, camp, L, D
4. day: B. Hiking towards Ostry Tolbachik depending on the weather, camp, L, D
5. day: B. Excursion to the new eruption site at Tolbachik, camp, L, D
6. day: B. Drive to the settlement of Klyuchi, guest house, D at Restaurant
7. day: B. With a 4x4 wheel drive towards Shiveluch, camp site with a cook for the group, D
8. day: B. Excursion at the volcano Shivelutch, camp, D
9. day: B. Drive back to the settlement of Klyuchi, shopping, drive up to Kliuchevskoi, Apachonchits hut at approx. 2000m , camp/hut, L, D
10. day: B. Hiking to the hut at 3250m, camp/hut, cold L+D
11. day: B. Hiking to summit or observation of activity and descent back to hut at 2000m, cold L+D
12. day: B. Drive via Klyuchi to Kozyrevsk, guest house, D at Restaurant
13. day: B. With a 4x4 wheel drive (2:00) towards Bezymianni plus hiking to a base camp closer to the volcano, D
14. day: B. Excursion towards the volcano dom Bezymianni, camp, L, D
15. day: B. Hike back tho the cars, camp, L, D
16. day: B. With our 4x4 wheel drive via Kosyrevsk towards Kizimen, camp site with a cook for the group, L, D
17. day: B. Day hike towards Kizimen for a closer view, camp, L, D
18. day: B. Transport by 4xwheel cars back south to the city ot Milkovo, guest house, L, D
19. day: B. Shopping, then drive from Milkovo towards Avachinsky, camp/hut, L, D
20. day: B. Hiking to the summit of Avachinsky, camp/hut, cold L, D
21. day: B. Spare day or optional day for Heli flight, or hiking to Koryaksky volcano, camp/hut, L, D
22. day: B. Facultative flight by Mil Mi 8 heli from Petropavlovsk towards the Valley of the Geysirs via Karymski, Semiachik and Kizimen. Depending on weather, costs and capacities. Hotel at PP, D
23. day: B. Transfer to the airport (35 km), flight back home with a stop over in Moskow
pictures above from the left: Volcano Bezymianny in front; volcanoes Kamen (in front) and Kliuchevskoi (left back) Bezymianny (to the right); Tolbachik (c)Andreas Ramsler
Our service includes: Transport for 5 to 9 participants including drivers, fuel, river crossings and all vehicle charges.
Guide for all excurisons and one cook as mentioned in intinerary
Cooking equipment, food for the meals included: B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner
All permits, fees and entry fees, hotel, hut and camp as mentioned in intinerary
NOT included: costs of the flight to Kamtchatka and back (retourn ticket is about 1.200,- Euro), heli flights, personal expenses and the deperture tax (30,-US$) and visa fees (100,- USD). All costs, such as drinks and some food, not mentioned in the intinerary.
Detailed tour maps will be given at a later stage.
Powersupply for video, computers and light. All these systems should be fully charged before leaving your home country and again before leaving a hotel. Think of batteries for your tourch.
General Travel Equipment:
The list of basic travel equipment, which we will hand over to you at a later point, is based on our experiences and is to be understood as a support of your planning.
Copyright by C. Weber, VEI (c)1997-2013 www.v-e-i-de
(If you like to publish something from this homepage, please ask first!)