1. day: We will meet in the city of Catania (airport) at the east coast of Sicily. With a short drive up to the south side of Etna we will reach a ski resort called Sapienza, at 1900 m altitude. At Sapienza we will see the distruction of the big eruptions during the years 2001 and 2002. It's also where we find our mountain hotel Corsaro - a great place and base for the first 3 nights. Dinner will be served at our mountain hotel.
(Service: Transfer from the airport to Sapienza; standard room with private bath at hotel Corsaro***; dinner)
2. day: From our hotel we start for a full day hiking at higher altitudes on mount Etna. The activity of the volcano and the weather will make program for us. If lava is running we will for sure stay until it is dark and therefor returne back to the hotel quite late.
(Breakfast at the hotel: box lunch and dinner; transport by cable car; overnight like yesterday.)
3. day: Another full day at Etna gives us the opportunity to explore this volcano giant. For this evening we plan to be back at our hotel for dinner.
(Breakfast at the hotel: box lunch; dinner at the hotel; transport by cable car; overnight like yesterday.)
4. day: During the morning we will explore the eastern slopes of Etna with caves, the Alcantar river gorge and beautifull forests. we will drive to the town Milazzo, where a speed ferry will bring us in about one hour to the Eolina island of Volcano. You can swim and relax during the afternoon. Dinner will be at our hotel.
(Service: Italian breakfast; transport by bus and speed ferry; dinner at our hotel; overnight at the hotel Conti***)
5. day: Today after breakfast we start hiking up to the active crater of volcano, called Fossa 2. To explore this little crater with lot's of sulphur exhalations and to enjoy the great veiws to all Eolian islands will take 3 hours. Midday after lunch, a speed boot will bring us to the Stromboli. A very nice hotel will be aour base on this unique volcano island fot the next two days. For dinner will walk to a Pizzeria with a perfect view to the erupting craters of Stromboli, so we will have Pizza and fireworks all in one tonight.
(Service: Italian breakfast; transport by speed ferry; overnight at the hotel Villaggio Stromboli***)
6. day: During the morning we will go on boot ride around the island which gives great views to nature and geological. After a lunchbreak we pack equipment to hike up Stromboli with a guided tour to enjoy the firework of nature into the night. Dinner will be late after the descent.
(Italian breakfast; boot ride around the island; lunch; cold dinner after the hike; obligatory guided tour; overnight like yesterday)
7. day: Early morning a speed ferry will take us back to Sicily where our transport is waiting for us. Until midday we will drive trough the mountains to the village of Randazzo. From our lunch stop at Randazzo we will continue to our final destination Catania. Dinner will be in a restaurant down town.
(Breakfast; transport; hotel Savona*** in Catania)
8. day: Today we can start slowly and we hope that there will be time left for a visit of the barock town of Catania before you departure. You will get transfer to the airport or you just continue your travel in Sicily.
(Italian breakfast; transfer to the airport)
Drinking water and food during the trekking is included.
If accommodation in one particular hotel is not availiable, equal accomplishment will be given - standard double rooms or single doublerooms depending on your boodking. Further more we reserve the right to change the program if necessary.
Not included services: Journey (flights) to Sicily (Italy) and back; payments for visa; departure- and airport-tax; your personal shopping and expenditures; other services not listed at our pogram